Data Protection Service
Why do you need it?
Our Data protection Service delivers you the following benefits:
Source: KPMG International October 2010
- Drive Beneficial Behaviour - The primary value proposition is the ability to change employee’s behaviour in relation to sensitive data
- Protect Your Data - We focus on securing your intellectual property and other information assets in all states
- Improve Business Continuity - We’ll help to define your information assets, business owners and identify where information resides
- Increase Productivity - We’ll help you determine your information flows and streamline business processes
- Reduce Costs - Preventing insider theft, accidental leakage of data, reduce audit costs and incident response
- Compliance Benefits - Meet compliance guidelines such as PCI, HIPAA and ISO27001/2
How we do it
Source: Gartner DLP Magic Quadrant 2010
- A design based on a scalable, resilient and multi-tenanted infrastructure that delivers a robust core service.
- Our Innovation Team has done the leg work of selecting the best enterprise products for the job.
- Service add-ons that can be deployed at your premises to extend the coverage of the core components and be tailored to your organisation’s needs.
- A Service deployment package that includes data classification expertise
End to end management
Our operations team manages core elements of the DLP solution:
- Performs software upgrades to include new features
- Applies software patches to solve security issues
- Monitors the stability of the environment
- Interfaces with your organisation to assist you and your users in their day to day usage of the Data Protection Service
This approach will allow you to benefit from our consultants’ and partners’ experience to define your requirements and put together a plan to tailor the service to your organisation. The Data Protection Service is designed as a multi-layered answer to your needs, these layers correspond to the Core Service, a Data in Motion extension and a Data at Rest extension. Each component adds value to the Core service and allows you to have greater visibility of your sensitive data:
- DPS Core relies on an endpoint protection function and looks after the Data in Use by your employees such as:
- Data copied to removable media
- Data sent to printers
- Data being accessed by users
- DPS Net Extension relies on Network Interception and deals with Data in Motion, files that are being sent outside your organisation for business purposes or otherwise.
- DPS ID Extension relies on Datacentre Protection and deals with Data at Rest. It helps to identify where your sensitive data lies by interrogating file shares, databases and Microsoft SharePoint instances.